Saturday, July 24, 2010

Five Years

The extremely talented Alexa from Flotsam posted a little piece the other day about how she’s been blogging for five years. I’ve been blogging since late 2005, so not as long as Alexa, but I definitely related to her description of how blogging used to be a rather secretive and perhaps weird thing, and how now it’s become more socially acceptable. I’m assuming this must be true since even my mom reads blogs these days.

Alexa did a little recap and I feel inclined to do one of my own. Please humor me in my nostalgia.

Homes Owned: 2

Places Lived: 3

Days hospitalized: 3

Days Charlie was hospitalized: 43

Personal surgeries: 1

Charlie surgeries: 6

Days Husband was Deployed: 126

Hurricane evacuations: 1

Trips to Little Rock: 3

Blog Posts: 904

Books Read: 97 (to the best of my recollection)

Weddings Attended: 5

Weddings I Stood In: 2

Internet Friends met in Real Life: 7

Vacations: 3

Pounds Heavier: 10

My life has changed volumes since I started blogging, but the record is nice to have—even if there are some parts I can’t bear to read. What have you been up to?

 

more jungle 020